Hopefully the hex on our house has been lifted.
On Wednesday I get a call around 10:30 from Mia. Seems as though she put the munchkins down for a nap and then decided to have a cup of coffee. Well, Grayson had other plans and woke up after a mere 30 minutes. After trying to get him back down, Mia gave up and brought him to the living room until Carter got up. She plucked him down in the middle of the living room and then went to move the ottoman that (hypothetically) blocks the kids into the living room - and in that split second, he walked over and pulled her (cooled - thank goodness) coffee onto himself and our new couch. Mia called in a panic. I told her where the stain remover stuff was and told her not to worry. Well, just as soon as she started working on the stain, Carter woke. After diaper changes, she put the boys in the playroom while she tried to clean the couch. In the midst of cleaning, she ran downstairs to check on them and found that Grayson had dumped his entire (9oz) milk cup on the carpet. Somehow he managed to unscrew the top.... Add to the fact that neither boy slept well, they were cranky all day long. Poor Mia.
But the hex didn't stop on Wednesday. It continued on with me on Thursday morning. Because of the accident on Wednesday (and numerous accidents that have occurred during the past 6 months (why do pets INSIST on throwing up on carpet when more than 1/3 of the house is hardwood/tiled????) we scheduled the carpet cleaning folks to come Thursday morning - meaning that the house was topy-turvey. Nothing was were is was supposed it be and the boys loved this. They kept trying to go into the guest bath where the litter box was being stored, they tried to pull off everything we'd piled on Leanne's desk, they pulled a good number of the books off the bookshelf...by the time I got them downstairs and penned in to the living room, I was hot and tired (nevermind I'd only been up 45 minutes.) I gave them each a sippy of milk to dull their roars while I went back upstairs and put everything back. I checked on them when I came back down and noticed 1) Gray was STANDING on the couch jumping up and down and 2) Gray's cup was empty. For a second I thought he was super thirsty - until I noticed the HUGE puddle on the carpet. *sigh* I got Grayson off the couch and got the milk cleaned up, and went to unload the dishes from the night before. Mia calls and says traffic is a nightmare and that she thinks she'll be there 10 minutes late. Fine. Once done, I collapsed into a sweaty mess in the living room under the fan. Gray wanted to climb up on to me, but I kept asking him to go play till I cooled off. When he wouldn't stop pleading, I sat on the floor, so he could sit on my lap. Apparently, the milk wasn't only on the carpet, it was all over Gray. He was soaked from the waist down. And now my pants where soaked with soy milk. I strip him and run upstairs to change my clothes and rinse out his jammies. I figured he could run around in his diaper till after breakfast - at which point Mia dresses them anyway. Gray had other plans. By the time I got back downstairs (2 minutes??) He'd pulled his diaper off - and was back on the couch jumping up and down. Back upstairs I go for another diaper and a pair of shorts so that he can't pull of diaper #2 (which is really diaper #3 for the day - and he's only been up 45 minutes.)
By now both kids are crabby and so into their highchairs we go for breakfast. Mia finally walks in 30 minutes late (traffic was horrendous - it was for me too) and out the door I scramble.
Thankfully, this morning was non-eventful. I think the hex has been lifted.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment