
He fell asleep around 7:30 and woke at 8:20 and 9:30, but went back down really easily (it is much easier to try to get him back down when you haven't been woken from a peaceful slumber!) When I woke with Leanne's alarm at 5:30, I couldn't believe that he hadn't gotten up. Then I started to worry. I laid there weighing out my options. In the end, I decided that he was 15 months old. He should be sleeping through the night. He's been sleeping with a pillow in his crib for nearly 6 months (I know, I know, I know - do not write and tell me about the danger of having a pillow in there with him. I know. But honestly, at this point, the kid can pull himself up onto a chair, can carry a bucket of MegaBlocks around the living room, and can throw a ball 2-3 feet - I am sure he can toss a thin pillow off of him if needed. Nevertheless it still causes me to pause and worry.) In the end, I opted not to go in since I am sure that it would wake him and he wouldn't go back to sleep since it was light out. So I laid there till 6:30 and then decided to get up and get ready.
I heard Carter in there at 6:45 throwing books out of his crib and went in to find Carter playing in his crib and Gray laying there as if it was perfectly normal for him to wake up in his crib.I am still trying to figure out why - it may be because they both napped like crap yesterday, or because I didn't get him out of his crib when he woke at 8:20, or because he wasn't cold (I put his blanket (oh, yea, don't mention the blanket to me either!) on him when he fell asleep last night and the upstairs was warmer than ususal because the windows were open), or the pull of the lunar tides. Who knows. But I am praying for a repeat performance. I slept solidly for 6 hours!!!! No squirming baby, no 1am wake up call....
And because I couldn't post with out a picture of my other famous sleeper (who sleeps through the night 90% of the time - and only seems to get up when he doesn't feel well.)

1 comment:
They are just the cutest little guys!
Post a Comment