



Here is what happens when you try to take a picture of a couple of nearly 8 month olds! Really. We had good intentions to get holiday cards sent out. We even tried to get some pictures of them in their Santa hats, but crusty/runny noses didn't make for such good pictures. We vowed to try again. Well, Christmas came and went and we vowed to get New Years cards out. Well, here is it with half the month over and we still don't have a single picture to send out. I think we took about 30 pictures this weekend and there isn't one picture where they are both looking in the same direction, Grayson isn't chewing on the patio furniture, someone isn't getting fussy, or I didn't stick my finger in the frame. Heck, we weren't even searching for perfection (both smiling simultaneously!) I hear picture taking getting more difficult as they get older. Well, maybe you'll get a high school graduation picture from us one day. :)
The boys are more and more on the move. It amazes us daily. A couple of nights ago we were all in their room getting babies ready for bed. Carter was sitting in Gray's crib awaiting his turn to get stripped and bathed. Leanne and I happened to turn around to see Carter with both hands on the railing pulling himself up!!! He didn't make it all the way up because of how he was sitting, but he did have his 2 feet firmly planted and was ready to stand! Our jaws dropped open. Guess we'll be lowering the mattresses this weekend.
We've added a 3rd meal of the day (lunch) which seems to be a big hit. From what I hear, they were a little confused as to why they were in their highchairs 4 hours they'd had breakfast, but Mia said they ate a lot of squash and had pears for dessert. We've also started giving them Cherrios. We'll have to take a picture this weekend. Carter makes the most hysterical faces when you pop one in his mouth. He scrunches up his face, his eyes get big, and he stares at you like you have put the most sour thing in his mouth. But then he stops making the face and allows it to dissolve a bit before choking it down. :) Grayson opens his mouth when you try to put one in and then gamely gums it before swallowing! He only makes the "are you trying to kill me?" face occassionally. ;)
Silly comment of the week: While we were in Sam's Wholesale this weekend I went to the snack bar to get a drink while Leanne stood in line with the boys (who incidently rode in a shopping cart for the first time - and LOVED it!!!) The woman behind her in line commented on the boys and then said, "A boy and a girl?" Leanne responded that they were two boys, to which the lady said, "Are you sure? That one (Grayson) looks like a girl." Uh, yea, we're sure.
I figure we've changed his diapers over 2500 times and from what I can tell.... *sheesh* (I get why people ask. I know it can be hard to tell when they are bald headed babies and I know that he had one a red turtleneck rather than a blue one - but when a parent tell you, why ask if they are sure??!!?!??!) Later the same woman said to her husband, "Well, she says that one is a boy, but I am not so sure...." HUH????
We can't believe that they are 8 months today. Where has the time gone???
No comments:
Post a Comment