For awhile I was really good about posting. But now.....I just don't know where the time goes. I was laughing with Leanne the other night that our weekdays are a bit like Groundhog Day - you know the movie where Bill Murray relives the same day over and over and over??? Before I started taking the morning shift (aka- staying till Mia gets there at 8am) I had that evening shift which looked a lot like this:
5:30 - Get home, walk Abbey, feed the pets, and get a daily report from Mia
5:45 - Get boys in their highchair and make their dinner (and sometimes ours)
6:00 - The boys eat (and sometimes we get to too!)
6:30 - Baths
7:00 - Bottles/book
7:15 - Bed for the boys
7:30 - 9 Wash bottles, figure out dinner if we haven't eaten, clean house, pay bills, etc
9:00 - Pump
9:30 - Shower
10:00 - Get in bed and try to watch tv/read
10:15 - Fail miserably and fall asleep
Mornings are not quite so Groundhog Day-like because I never know when the boys will wake. 6? 6:15? 6:45? 7? But it always involves the same components: pump, change diapers and clothes, give bottles, wash bottles, clean up kitchen, leave notes for Mia, give Abbey pills, and get myself dressed. But to mix it up I may get to strip sheets, give a sponge bath, grab a bit of breakfast for myself, change my clothes that someone spit up on, and if I am really lucky, we all get a bit of playtime on the floor! And of course, I get lots of smiles and giggles which makes it all worth it!
Let's see...what is new in the Page-Wells household? The boys are growing like weeds. They are so fun and interactive! It brings us so much joy to watch them discover the world around them, each other, and us. They love to watch the pets and become mesmorized when one of them walks by. They have started to reach up to us when they want to be held (be still my beating heart) and they have discovered each other. We'd been wondering when they'd REALLY notice each other and now they do. They laugh at each other, grab for each other, and wrestle around on the floor.
They each have a couple of teeth (each one has a tooth that is about 1/2 way in and another that is just coming through.) They seem to bother them off and on but they haven't turned into a couple of monsters that people warned us about during teething. Thank goodness.
They both get on their hands and knees and rock back and forth, which makes us think that crawling isn't that far off. Oh lordy. We are in for it. We need to make our place into Fort Knox pronto. We both think Grayson will be into everything. He is already a kid on the move (have I told you about when Mia 'lost' him because he'd rolled/scooted/backed under a chair with a skirted bottom?) and hates to be still. I guess my next Google search should be for outlet covers, gates, cages (kidding!), furniture anchors, and the like.
They both are loving solid foods. They've had most veggies and fruits and haven't met one they didn't like (well, plums did cause I funny face, but it didn't stop them from eating it!) Next we'll work on textured foods. This weekend we gave them some grains of rice. One and a time. We thought they were eating them until Grayson finally had enough and let his 5 grains fall out of his mouth with utter disgust. And I gave Carter the teeniest pieces of banana this weekend. He gagged and gagged till I fished it out. Then he looked at Grayson as if to say, "What the heck? Why are they trying to kill me???" Drama, I tell you.
I promise to take some more pictures soon. Maybe I'll add it to our morning to-do list. :)
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment