Six steps forward and one (GIANT) step back. They've slept through the night for 6 nights in a row. From 7pm(ish) - 6:30/7:00am(ish) we've not had to go in to them. Not even a 10pm, I can't get back to sleep call. It was wonderful. But last night we took a big step backward. Gray woke at 9 crying. I went in, gave him some water, and a hug and he put his head back down on his pillow and went to sleep. Fast forward to 1:50am when he starts crying again. I wait a minute or so to see if he'll get himself back to sleep and realize that he is not going to. I go in, give him more water, a hug and a kiss, and a few pats on the back. But it doesn't work. He is awake. Leanne tries. No go. It's been and hour and I finally say, "just bring him to our bed and let's get back to sleep." Sure he is happy being in our bed - but he isn't interested in cuddling up with Leanne, sharing her pillow, and going to sleep. No, sir. He is awake. Sitting up. Babbling. Whining. Crawling around. Sticking his face in Leanne's to see if she is awake. We give him Motrin. We give him Mylicon. Finally around 4 he falls asleep on Leanne's pillow. And true to Grayson form, he is wide awake at 6:45am. Ready to go.
Leanne just thinks it was one of those nights when you wake up and can't fall back asleep. I know about that. It happens to me nightly. But I hope for his sake (and ours) that it doesn't become a constant thing. I also hope that he didn't enjoy his stay so much in our bed that he'll want to come back soon. He's been out of our bed for a month and while he is a good snuggler, we all sleep better when we are in our respective beds.
And while I am whining about sleep - what happened to our nappers? Typically kids this age are taking 1 90-120 minute nap a day. Usually, early afternoon. Not Gray. Yesterday he slept a whopping 30 minutes all day. And the day before? 45 minutes. Poor Mia is about to go insane since a tired boy= a cranky boy. And because Gray often wakes Carter, 2 tired boys=2 cranky boys. OY.
Here's hoping for a good sleep. For all of our sakes.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment