And a tip for your financial planning....
No need to scour Suze Orman or any of those other financial gurus. If our family is any indication of an average household with toddlers, my stock guide should prove to yield you a huge return! Buy stocks in:
Diapers. Sure, we're not going through nearly as many as we did when they were newborns (12-15 diapers PER kid - that is about 175-200 PER week!) but we are still averaging 5-6 diapers per kid per day. So, we are still going strong at 70 or diapers a week. We go through a wholesale box every2 weeks or so. I can't even imagine to think how many diapers we've bought since they have been born. And is there any sight of potty training on the horizon? Hahahahaha. Sadly, no.
Milk. In our house it is Soy milk. We buy 12 half gallons at a time from the wholesale place. They drink a half gallon every day and a half to 2 days. I don't know if you can buy stock in a cow - so just go for the Soy milk. I mean, heck, our home alone will make you money.
Motrin. We are in full molar teething mode. Heck, they might be getting all of their teeth in at one time from the way they are acting. Fingers are constantly in their mouths. Meal times are a challenge. Whining is the norm. So we medicate them. Every night before bed they each get a dose of Motrin with the hopes that they will get 12 hours worth of comfort (nevermind that the Motrin only lasts for 6 hours.) I've asked doctors and they said that it can't cause any harm. So, until I see a full mouth of teeth. Motrin it is. So buy stock in Target brand Motrin. Because we go through a lot of it. And since they currently only have 8 teeth, I think we'll be using it for awhile.
Cheese. Our kids love cheese. Plain old slices in plastic wrap, string cheese, cubes of cheese...it doesn't matter. They also love yogurt. Heck, just buy stock in a dairy farm.
Books. We love books in our house. But more than that, we love to destroy books. Rip the covers off. Tear the pages. Maybe buy stock in a publishing house. Or a tree farm.
Laundry detergent. I really shouldn't be commenting on laundry since I never do it, but they sure are messy. Not only can the cover themselves, but they have a knack of getting food/milk on our clothes - even if we aren't near them. I've given up wearing clean clothes to work. As long as it was clean when I took it out of the closet, I count that as a good faith attempt. Buy stock in detergent.
I am sure there are more, but Gray woke (for good) at 5:40am and it is now 4:30pm and I am dragging. So, I will leave you with the pictures.
Carter

Gray (who now smiles when you pull out the camera!)

Look! They are playing together. Well, kinda.

Well, they are at least playing NEXT to each other!


No comments:
Post a Comment