Rolling rolling rolling....
Backwards. Which one of you readers has been reading this blog to our children? Come'on someone must be reading it to them. Fess up. Friday night Carter woke us up at 11:00 (yes, we were fast asleep was fast asleep and had been for an hour.) Since he was inconsolable, I brought him to our bed where he we settled down after 45 minutes or so. Once I was sure he was asleep, I gently picked him up and carried him to his room. But no sooner had I graced the threshold when his eyes shot open and he screamed. Ugh. So back to our bed we go where I decide to just give in and go to sleep. Well, I did sleep. Kinda. When I wasn't being kicked in the kidneys. Or stomach. Or head. And of course he was (uncharacteristically) wide awake at 6:15am. At which point his screeching (ahem, talking) woke Grayson (who had so kindly slept through the night in his bed.)
And then Saturday night. Leanne and I were exhausted. So much so, that Leanne was sleep by 9 and I followed not long thereafter at 9:45. So, imagine my sadness when Gray woke at 10:30, 12:20, 2:45, 3:30, and 5:00. Let me just say it is a good thing that the kid is so damn cute. The first time he'd gotten tangled in his blanket and somehow got his blanket over his head and was sitting on the ends. I untangled him, gave him a drink of water, and he passed out. The other times I'd walk in, say "Shhhhh", and he'd fall back asleep instantly. Unfortunately, I didn't. I was awake between the 2:45 and 3:30 calls and then didn't fall back asleep till 4:30 - just in time for the 5:00 call. OHMILORD.
Ok. I'll stop harping on the sleep thing. At least for right now. I can't make any promises for the future. :) We had yet another fun weekend. Saturday (after we convinced the boys to take a nap) we piled into the van and hit a local diner where the boys thought the butter soaked grilled cheese was VERY yummy and Leanne and I satiated our craving for a milkshake. Afterwards (after a short Target run), we headed to a Halloween party being thrown by the Parents of Multiples groups. BIG MISTAKE. Yea, we got to put the Halloween costumes on the kids (they looked SOOOOO cute), but there really wasn't anything for them to do. Everything was geared to older kids (face painting, balloon animals, pinata...) So our kids (and all of the other toddlers crawled around on the stage (it was in an auditorium) and tried to escape. After an hour, Leanne and I ready to go and figured that the boys would have just as much fun running around our house. So we left. The rest of the evening was uneventful. Dinner, showers, milk, and bedtime.
On Sunday morning, we got up and headed to Cox Farms. Our friend Aaron's parents own it and she invited us (and several other families) to come. It is near our old house in Centreville - about an hour from our new house. And of course, true to form our kids fell asleep when we had about 10 minutes left in our journey. Well, we aren't silly. We knew that a 10 minute nap is a nap of death. So we drove. We kept heading west (rolling, rolling, rolling) until all that was around us was farms, trees, and hills. We finally got there and the boys had a blast. They weren't as into the slides as we thought they'd be (they went down once and then ran off) - but loved playing on the wooden train, putting rocks in their mouths, carrying around shards of mulch, and running away from us. But the day was beautiful (slightly chilly but not too cold and a lot of sun (which was very welcome after 3 days of pouring rain.) They ran and we chased for a couple of hours before piling back in the van and driving home (with 2 sacked out toddlers in the backseat.)
Here are a few pictures of the boys on the farm:


Last year at Cox Farm

This year at Cox Farm (they would not look at us!)
No comments:
Post a Comment