Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We had a wonderful weekend! Our friend Robin came to visit!

Robin got in from Florida on Friday night around midnight. Leanne kindly agreed to go to the airport and I managed to stay awake until she left for the airport at 11:55 - but had fallen asleep by the time they got home at 12:20. Oops.

The boys were wide awake at 6:10 (oh my) and raring to go. We took them to breakfast and to the grocery store and let Robin sleep in. After lunch we headed to Annapolis. It was so nice out this weekend - in the 50s - but it was pretty windy in Annapolis. We had the longest meal we can remember having (not a good thing with 2 toddlers) and then walked around Annapolis. Unfortunately, the docks weren't open for us to walk out on and see the boats. Apparently they are doing a lot of construction out there. That evening our friend Katie came over. We went to dinner and then hung out at home after the boys went to bed. Leanne went to bed while we stayed up and laughed and laughed and reminiced - until 1am! That is the latest I have willingly stayed up since before the boys were born.

Thankfully we got to sleep in "late" till 6:50. :) After naptime, we went to lunch and then to the mall. I decided to get the boys a chocolate shake since they really hadn't eaten that much lunch and have been a little under the weather. I got a small shake and split it between 2 cups. The ones from McDonalds. Not sippy cups. *sigh* I was watching them like a hawk - well until I looked away - and that was when Grayson turned the cup upside down and was suddenly sitting in a pile of chocolate shake. Leanne took him to the children's section to buy a new pair of jeans (this is the second time we've had to buy him new pants while at the mall due to an accident - guess we need to take clothes with us, huh?) while I took the stroller to the bathroom to clean it out the best I could and went to buy a towel for him to sit on. It is always something, huh? After Robin left that evening, Leanne and I crashed. Early.

Even though we won't be going to Orlando and seeing Robin there (where she lives) it was wonderful to be able to spend time with her.

You are always asking for family pictures - so here we are in Annapolis. Don't the boys looked thrilled?!!?


Here is Robin with the boys in their cars

Gray's hair and static cling. :)

Carter's hair reaching for the balloon! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: