- It take 2 people to wrestle a toddler into throwing up into a basin. They would MUCH prefer to just throw up on the floor. And when you do wrestle said toddler into throwing up into the basin, why do they insist in putting their hands in it? Or worse, their heads?
- Why do toddlers think that having their temperature taken under their arm akin to cutting off their arm?
- Even after working in hospitals and knowing that a temp of 102.5 isn't dangerous or cause to call the doctor (unless fever reducing measures aren't working - which they did.) It is still sad and scary to see your child burning up and listless.
- We have sat on our couch holding kids more in the last 2 days than we have since they were teeny newborns.
- We (and them) have watched more tv in the last 2 days than I can ever remember. We have actually sat and watched 4 movies, the Food Network, Signing Times, and a variety of kid programming.
- Nothing will jar you out of deep sleep more than a child vomiting 6 inches from your head. In your bed.
- Twin toddlers with the stomach flu take a team effort. One to comfort and one to clean up what gets left in the wake. Good thing Leanne and I make a great team.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Things I learned and questions I have about having sick kids:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment