Monday, February 18, 2008

Update:

As of Monday night, the boys are definitely better. They both have had several very loose and nasty diapers - but don't seem that much worse for the wear. Carter is eating like his regular old self and Grayson is being much more guarded with what he eats - but he is still eating. And I am forcing liquids into them like it is my job. Well, as their mother I guess it is my job, huh?

Leanne is still out for the count. Hell started for her around 8:30 and continued throughout the night. She still feels pretty miserable and has been in bed for most of the day.

I got out today with the kids. I decided that if I stayed home all day, we would all go crazy. Before I got the kids dressed I checked the weather channel. High of 62 with gusty winds. I decided on polar fleeces so that we wouldn't have to worry about coats. Well, once again the weatherperson lied. By the time I got the kids, stroller, and diaper bag into the van, I was sweating. It wasn't 62. It was 72. With no wind. Thinking that there was no way I was going to unload the kids, get them back into the house, go find new clothes, redress them, and re-load them and that leaving them in the car while I ran up 2 flights of stairs to find new clothes for them wasn't an option, I opted to buy them new shirts at the mall.

After our foray to the mall for new shirts, lunch, and a new pillow for Grayson (his was lost in the massacre) we went to the grocery store. Let me just say right now that my hat goes off to all of the moms (and dads) who have to go grocery shopping week after week with their kids and no help. We almost always go as a team. It is just easier. We each take a kid and a cart and because we go first thing in the morning, they are generally in good moods. Plus, there aren't many people shopping at 8am on a Sunday. :) Today they had to ride in the car that is attached to the cart - which is like driving a Mack truck. And Carter didn't want to sit down. I must have said, "Carter, sit down please." 1001 times. But we survived. :)

It is now 7:30 and everyone is asleep - but me (I'm waiting till 8 to take Abbey out) and then I am crashing. I am exhausted. I am still counting my lucky stars that I am still standing.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Glad everyone is getting better! My kids are out of elementary school and I still hate to take them grocery shopping. :P