Thursday, January 31, 2008

Randoms for the day:

Both boys have colds. They have runny noses - but are in great moods despite it. They are taking ridiculously long afternoon naps (yesterday Mia woke Gray after 3 hours!)

Gray slept in his bed till 4:45am on Tuesday night/morning. It was the worst night of sleep Leanne and I have had in a long time. We kept waking up, wondering if he was okay, thinking we should stay away because surely he'd cry out any minute, worrying if he'd gotten tangled in his blankets, tossing, turning... Last night he joined us at 11 (a mere 10 minutes after I'd fallen asleep) and we all slept like logs. Ironic.

Food throwing during mealtime is a big thing in our house. It is driving us crazy. They do it when they are done, when they are bored, when they don't like their food selection.... We've been trying to get them to hand us what they don't want to eat, but we have about .12 nanoseconds to recognize that they want to hand us the food and get it before it get thrown on the floor. And when they are feeling particularly feisty, they will wipe their trays clean with one sweep of their arm. Food everywhere. Our options are pretty limited. I would get them down to help me clean it up - but once you get one kid down, the other (no matter if he is stuffing his face and loving his meal) wants to get down too and will stop eating. Plus with Abbey milling about - it really isn't a good idea. So, ee are trying to put less food on their trays, and paying closer attention to their clues to make sure we are nearby when they want to hand us food.

When we got home Mia and Gray had a surprise for us. She would sing, "Twinkle, twinkle little...." and Gray would say, "star.' She'd continue, "How I wonder where you..." and Gray would say, "are." So cute - and apparantly, the kid can talk after all!

It continually amazes me what they understand. Yesterday I said to Carter, "Go put the ball away please." And before I knew it, he had taken the ball over to the bin where keep all of the balls and deposited in there. Amazing! (and wonderful!)

No comments: