Well, I didn't exactly jinx myself, but bragging about Gray didn't help either. Last night he woke at 1:40am. I went in and tried to give him some water, which he promptly shoved away, and then raised his arms to be picked up (to be carried to our bed, I am assuming.) I tried not to pick him up, but his cries were getting louder and I was afraid he'd wake Carter. So, I relented and picked him up - but DID NOT carry him to our bed (which would have so much easier at 1:40am.) Instead I held him for a couple of minutes, sang a version or two of Mary Had a Little Lamb, and put him back in hid bed. He cried for a couple of minutes while I continued to pat his bottom, but finally gave up and was back asleep by 2:00. Of course, I couldn't fall back asleep (since I was sure he'd wake up screaming any second) - and he did cry for a few seconds around 2:25 - but then we all fell back asleep until the trash truck came and mercilessly woke us up at 6:55 (well, Leanne was up at 5:15...)
Having a couple nights of continuous sleep gave me the momentum I needed to get him back to sleep in his bed. I know he can do it now and I figured that by bringing him to our bed, we'd lose the progress we've made this week. Although truth be told, I kinda miss the little bugger sprawled out next to me.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment