- Carter unrolled 1/4 a roll of toilet paper and then proceeded to shred it all over the bathroom, the bedroom, and the hallway.
- Grayson pulled down approximately 50 books off our bookshelves in the hallway - thus blocking me from getting down the stairs to get their morning milk which caused quite a riot.
- Carter figured out how to turn on Leanne's bedside alarm/radio and turn the dial. He INSISTED on turning it on, turning the dial to static, turning the volume up as loud as it would go, and then walking away. When I would turn it off, he would scream and then go turn it on again.
- Grayson would.not.stay.away from the power strip by Leanne's desk. No matter how many times I pulled him away from it and try to distract him, he would beeline it back to the power strip and then grin mischievously.
- Carter and Grayson pulled nearly every tissue out of the tissue box in the guest bath and then took great delight in shredding 1/2 of them.
- Carter pulled every magazine off of my nightstand.
- Grayson pulled the baby monitor off of Leanne's nightstand and then turned it to static at full volume. And then carried it around - well, until he threw it in the bathtub (no, there was no water in it.)
- Carter and Grayson were exceptionally interested in the litter box this morning and had to be told 1001 to get away from the box and it was dirty.
Keep in mind that this occurred from 7-7:30 - and between cleaning up, turning things off, telling them to get away from various objects, I had to get myself dressed, throw some make-up on my face (to try to avoid looking like the walking dead), do something to my hair, put some clothes on, and empty the diaper pail (and you can imagine I got some help there.) Can you see why I laughed when the hair stylist started recommending products for my hair? On a good day, I wet it and run a drier through it for 3 minutes (although I have been told it still doesn't look much different from my bed head look. Oh well.)
And if you suggest, we keep them confined, they are. To the upstairs. I can't put them in their room alone and unsupervised, and you will note that most of the 'infractions' happened in our room, so locking them in there with me doesn't really alleviate the issue. I do ban them from entering our closet in the morning (resulting in great protesting!) because they LOVE to take our shoes out one by one and throw them around the bedroom.
On a happier note, Grayson slept ALL NIGHT in his bed. ALL NIGHT. Not even a brief wake for water, medicine, a hug, or a song. And when I say all night I don't mean till 5 and then coming to our bed for another 2 hours, I mean ALL NIGHT. Carter woke at 6:30 and I went in to get him with the hopes of him cuddling down for another 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately, he was awake. Wide and awake and cranky. At 6:45, I decided to go get Gray up and found him standing in his bed, wide awake, and waiting for me to come get him. He wasn't crying or fussing (he usually wakes crying because 1) Carter woke him or 2) he woke and was without a mommy.) GO GRAY. This makes night #8 (in 16 months) that we slept through the night (well, Leanne tossed and turned and I was awake from 4-5 worrying about the kid, but we all slept in our respective beds!) YIPPEE!!
1 comment:
Alison, I enjoy your blogs, especially the last two. I hope you get your home on a lake. I dreamed of a place on the ocean, and here I am--unbelievable but true! You may not be good with grammar, but you are a good writer. I am good at grammar, hence I enjoy my Latin class online. And like you I enjoy gossip magazines. I can read a whole "In Touch" on a single trip from Manhattan to Rockaway. I am still a novel lover--old library joke. Love to you, Leanne, Carter, and Grayson.
Post a Comment