Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I've been tagged by Kerry. For those of you who aren't familiar with blogging tag, I am supposed to tell you 8 things about myself that you probably don't know and then tag 8 more people. Seeing how I don't know 8 people that blog (that haven't already done this), the game will be ending here. Plus, I am not sure I can come up with 8 things that you people don't know since some of you I have known forever (Hi Mom and Dad), some of you I know from high school/college/post college, and some (ok, one) of you I am married to. :) But I have been told there are some readers out there that I don't talk with often and so here are some random (although not necessarily unknown) facts about me:

1. If we'd of had a daughter, her name would have been Emerson Grace. I heard the name Emerson several years ago and loved it. Leanne loved it because of Ralph Waldo Emerson.

2. I'll read any magazine laying around. Men's Health? Sure. Car and Driver? Okay. Sport Illustrated. Alright. Clearly, I am not picky. But my favorites are People (trashy gossip), Washingtonian (about my current city), Savannah (sometimes I read about people I know!), and Coastal Living (such beautiful houses.)

3. Leanne and I dream of having a home on the water some day. In the northeast. No, we are not moving south.
This house would be awesome (although I want to paint it yellow):

This view would be perfect:


4. Once we get said house, I'd love to get a small Boston Whaler and teach the kids to water ski (even though I haven't skied in 10 years.)
This would be perfect :


5. I have some weird obsession with baby gear. I love strollers. I don't know why. We already have 4 in our garage (before you laugh - 1 is the jogging stroller that we now use for everything, 1 is (was) the mall stroller (that we don't use anymore) but is the only one that fits in Mia's car (Mini Cooper) when she takes the boys out, and then 2 single strollers (so much easier for shopping, travel, etc.) But if it were up to me, we'd have several more. I dunno. I can't explain it.

6. I love fall weather. Warm enough during the day. Cool at night. Reminds me of summer in Maine.

7. I am horrible with grammar. Despite taking Ms. Harpers' 11th grade English class from hell and having a mother (and a wife) who know the ins and outs of a grammar book like the back of their hand, I am always just winging it. So, ignore all comma splices and run on sentences in this blog. When I have something major to turn in at work, I'll have Leanne proofread it. And I am sure it will be full of green pen marks. Oh well.

8. I can find most anything on the 'net. Need something Googled? I am your woman. Too bad there isn't a job that pays you for finding random crap on the Internet. I'd be great at it. Plus, I could work in my jammies. At home. On my bed. And play with the boys during the day. And not have to drive 45-60 minutes each way to work. Wow. This is sounding better by the minute. Know where I can find a job like that?

No comments: