Thursday, June 28, 2007

Well, it doesn't seem to matter if I find that cable or not. The camera is dead - and no it isn't the batteries. It turns on but won't take a picture and won't let you scroll through pictures on the SD card. I am taking it as an omen and we are getting a new camera. Happy birthday to me from mom and dad. :) Thanks! I promise to take lots of pictures of your grandchildren!

We are looking at getting a Canon. Something small and lightweight and that takes killer pictures regardless of the photographers skill level. ;) If you have thoughts, let me know, we'll be purchasing in the next couple of weeks before our vacation to Rhode Island.

Grayson had his speech evaluation this morning. He was seen by a Occupational Therapist and a Speech Therapist. The OT said that he looked great and was doing exactly what she'd expect him to do. The ST said that he is doing a lot of great things, babbling, mimicking sounds, following directions, etc. He is a bit behind with his speech, but not enough to qualify for speech therapy (to qualify he'd have to have a 20% deficit - about a 9 month language level and he's somewhere between 9-11 months developmentally.) But they did give us some exercises to do with him to help him make the connections between objects and words and they are going to monitor him and make sure he continues to build on his skills. Sounds good to us!

But can I tell you how weird it was to only have 1 baby with me? It was so fast getting in and out of the car and we used our new single stroller which seemed soooo teeny after being used to our behemoth double jogger. A nice lady came running to open the door to the school for me and I was thinking, "Thank you. But really, this is the easiest I have gotten in a door in 13 months!" And afterwards, I changed Gray in the bathroom and after changing one diaper, I laughed when I realized I was done! It was so fast! That being said, Gray and I missed being with Carter (who was home getting solo playing time with Mia (who also said that having one baby to care for was odd and very quiet.)) But as they get older, we want to be able to spend 1:1 time with each of them so they get that undivided attention and get to do special things with their moms.

So, no pictures till we get a new camera and get it set up. Soon, I hope!

No comments: