1. The boys are walking all over the place. It still startles us when when one of them WALKS into a room. They still fall quite a bit and still do some crawling, but feet are definitely the preferred method of getting around (well, ok, getting carried is still really preferred!)
2. Last weekend we walked in the Pride Parade with DC Rainbow Families. We went to a pre-parade decorating party that was held in the basement of a church. Now I know that most people don't have a 35lb double jogging stroller and 2 babies that total nearly 50lbs. But we do. There was no way we were going to carry that stroller down 2 flights of steep stairs. So we left it at outside with the hopes that a couple of queens wouldn't "borrow" it for their parade chariot. ;) (Needless to say, it was there when we needed it.) During the party, our guys crawled around, tried to steal sippy cups, beelined for the stairs, and wouldn't sit still long enough to eat any of the pizza, Goldfish crackers, or water that was being offered.
The parade itself was fabulous. Leanne and I have watched it for many years but being IN it is a whole 'nother ball game. It was so much fun! There were sections were people were lined up 8-10 people deep and they were screaming and yelling and cheering for us. I kept laughing and saying, "They are cheering for us because we had kids. How weird!" The other weird thing was the number (and I am talking 100?!) of people who took pictures of the boys on their cell phones/digital cameras. Sweet. But why do people want pictures of twins sitting in their stroller staring wide eyed at the masses? I keep checking Flickr (a photo sharing site) to see if there are any cute pictures. :) I'll post our couple of pictures when I upload them from the camera.
Sunday we went to the Montgomery County Parents of Multiples. It was a great day to be outside - cool and overcast. The boys had a BALL playing at the playground. Well, they had a ball playing with the mulch on the playground! We all rode the carousel - and actually sat on a horse rather than the bench like we did at the Nashville Zoo - and really liked it!
3. BIG NEWS. Friday and Saturday night they BOTH slept ALL NIGHT LONG! ALL NIGHT! Friday they refused an afternoon nap so they had an early dinner and a slightly earlier bedtime. At 3:40am I woke up and realized that Grayson wasn't in bed with us nor had I heard him. Given how attached he is to Leanne these days, the chances of her going in when he is crying and getting him back down was slim to none. I wondered for a moment if perhaps he had died. But heard him stir and moan when I got up to go to the bathroom. They slept till 6am!!! Saturday night they didn't get to bed till 9:20 and were asleep before we turned off their bedroom light. I woke at 5 and once again realized we had an entire bed to ourselves!! WHOOO HOOO! Of course after 6 hours of nearly continuous sleep I was wide awake (grumble) but the guys slept till 7:15!!! Maybe we need to be in a parade every day!
4. Not to fear. The sleeping streak was short lived. Sunday night Grayson was in our bed by 10:45 and for the last 2 nights he was there by 10. He has a horrible cold and cannot breathe through his nose. Because of that, he's been sleeping propped up on us, snoring like a freight train, and keeping his moms WIDE awake most of the night. Last night we found ourselves changing his diaper and pjs at 2am. Wow. It's been a long time since we changed diapers in the middle of the night. I don't miss that. At all. :(
Here are a couple of pictures that Mia took a couple of weeks ago.
Carter with the "red circle" from his Learning Playhouse.

Gray - "Hey, look at me walking!"

This is their favorite toy. They will play with these buckets forever. Putting them on their heads and taking them off. They try to walk with it on their heads, which typically is followed with a wipeout.

Always reminds me of the kid in the movie "Parenthood."


1 comment:
I enjoy reading the blog very much because it is colorfully and well written and very interesting. What elderly lady has been studying and reading and writing all her life--with little to show for it I must say? That's Cousin Lucy. I think the women in our family have all been readers and writers. Love, Lucy
Post a Comment