Sunday, June 24, 2007

I am so negligent in posting - and posting pictures. I still haven't located the cable that connects the camera to the computer so I can upload pictures - but I have to admit I haven't looked too hard. I know with 100% certainty that it is in this house. I just need to make an effort to find it. Especially since we have some new pictures from the last couple of weekends.

I don't think I updated people on the boys 12 month statistics from their pediatrician appointment last month. Oops.

Carter was 23lbs 11oz
Grayson was 19lbs 8oz

Yes, we feed them the same things. No, Carter doesn't eat more than Grayson (in fact there are many days when Gray eats 2x more than Carter!) We don't know where he puts it! :) We ended up calling Early Intervention because of Grayson's delay in speech. "Normal" development suggests that infants start babbling "mama" "dada" "baba" around 8 months old. At their 9 month visit, Gray still hadn't made any noise other than grunting and some whining. Our pediatrician wanted us to watch him and get a formal evaluation if he hadn't started by the time he was a year. At their 1 year visit, he still wasn't babbling and even though the nurse practitioner we saw wanted us to wait for till he was 15 months, I insisted on calling and making a referral for that eval. Mia and Leanne both told me the child would talk when he was good and ready, but I wanted a speech therapist to see him. The day I called (literally the day I called) he started saying "Maaaaaaa." Go figure. We went through with the initial evaluation (where they determine if the child requires a formal evaluation - which they said he qualified for) and the day after, he started babbling and hasn't stopped since. He walks around going, "Mamamamamama Dadadadad Bababababbaba Gagagagagag." Now, I don't know if we cancel the appointment for this Thursday or just go. The kid is going to keep up on our toes, I tell you. :)

What else happened this week....Hmmmm.

On Monday I found out that the folks at Sam's Wholesale are uber "helpful." Not the employees, but other patrons. I had the boys with me to go get a rotisserie chicken for dinner. We got a couple other things and then went to get the chicken and check out. But there weren't any chickens. The meat guy said there would be more out in 15 minutes so I had to decide if the 3 of us were going to wait it out or if I should call Leanne and tell her to stop. I decided to wait it out and assuage the crankiness by getting us a berry sundae to share. As we stood there in the food court eating our sundae, a lady walked by, clucked her tongue and said, "It is 5:00, you are spoiling their dinner." Um, thanks. I am their mom, I can figure this out. Thankyouverymuch. No, that isn't what I said. Actually I don't think I said anything. But for the record, they came home ate aforementioned chicken, a cup of peas, and peach cobbler (cooked peaches mixed with baby oatmeal and yogurt.) Plus a bedtime bottle of milk. There. :)

On Tuesday we narrowly averted sir conditioning troubles. Our thermostat was reading 3-4 degrees warmer than it was set. We panicked. Anyone recall last summer when our a/c went out when the boys were 7 weeks old, we camped out with Suzanne for 4 nights, and then moved into a corporate apartment for a week, and then lived with window units for 6 weeks? Yea, so when the temp started creeping, we freaked. I ran out to Home Depot and bought window units (damn, those things are pricey) and by the time I got home, the temp had dropped back down and all was well. Needless to say the a/c is fine and we have 2 HUGE a/c units that we need to load back into the van and return to Home Depot.

If you have read this far. I am impressed. I will look harder for the cord and try to post pictures. Soon. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the business of "ruining the meal/appetite". I feel I am going to eat the same qty of food, what difference does it matter what order I eat it in?

I am happy that both C & G subscribe to my theory.