Saturday night Leanne and I wanted Chinese food from Pei Wei. Last time we went (oh, last week), Carter ate his weight in edamame, but Grayson wouldn't eat anything. He wasn't interested in the white (or brown) rice, terryaki chicken, edamame, veggies from Leanne's dish...nothing. So, rather than going somewhere our entire family could eat, we went through the Chic-fil-a drive-thru and got a kids meal to take into the restaurant with us. But the joke was on us when Carter ate all 6 nuggets (as well as edamame) and Grayson refused the chicken, but ate a lot of edamame and rice. Go figure.
And today you would have heard us walking through Target with a couple of kids who didn't want to be in a shopping cart saying (in a really peppy voice), "Look!!!! I see a dog! Do you see the dog? Dog! What does the dog say? The dog says 'woof!' Good job Carter/Grayson (as they sign 'dog')! Oh..look, I see a horse!!!....." You get the idea. It was annoying to me - and I was one of the ones doing it. But we managed to make it through Target with minimal whining. So, score one for us!Aside from that, we've had a good weekend. We sold our tv armoire on Craigslist. It sold within minutes of me listing it and the transaction was easy-peasy. We bought our friend's (enormous) entertainment center since they are moving out of the area. It looks great in the playroom and bought us a lot more media storage. We did a lot of errands, ate a lot of good food, played in the playroom, and laughed a lot.
Here are a couple of pictures from Sunday night.
"Cheeeeeeese"

Carter was watching tv and absently mindedly unzipping his jammies when I caught him. When he does this, we call him "Elvis."

No comments:
Post a Comment