Our big news is that we may be going to Orlando in 2 weeks! At the end of last week, Leanne got a phone call from my former roommate - and our mutual friend - about the possibility of Leanne facilitating some workshops at a conference in Orlando. We're still waiting for the official confirmation (there is a 50/50 chance we'll go) - but we are really hoping it comes to fruition. If we get to go,I think we've decided that we'll take them to Disney for one day. We'd planned on taking them next year since they get in free till they are 3 (they'll be 2.5 next winter) and we thought they would enjoy it more next year - but if we are going to be there this year - why not? We won't do the 8am-11pm deal - but most likely go after they get up from their nap (around 1) and then stay later in the evening - but not too late. We don't want to be those parents who are wheeling their screaming and overtired children out of the park as they swear under their breath.
And while our kids don't know who Mickey is - we think they would like looking around, riding the rides for younger kids, seeing some of the shows, and well, I've been wanting to take our kids there since before they were even conceived. So there. :) We should hear back sometime early this week - which will give us just over 2 weeks to get flights and plan our trip. Hopefully, we'll be able to get flights...It will be a whirlwind - but a fun whirlwind!!
And of course, the day before we got this news, our friend Robin (who LIVES in Orlando) bought a ticket to come visit us next weekend! Ahhhh, timing.
Other than that, the boys are great. They are still signing up a storm. I counted last night and they know about 40 signs!! I couldn't believe it when I counted them all up! Way to go, boys!
Here are a few pictures Mia took last week. I'll keep you updated on our potential trip. Keep your fingers crossed that it all works out!




No comments:
Post a Comment