No new pictures today. Sorry.
Our hope that we'd have more time to play with them after we get home and before dinner (becasue of daylight savings) has been usurped by classical conditioning. No matter what time we get home or how recently they have had a bottle or how long they napped in the afternoon, our arrival home from work elicits whines of hunger. Perhaps they have just seen how the pets run to their bowls the minute we get home in hopes that they will get filled and have decided to see if it works. It does.
They are trying all kinds of new foods these days. Low sodium Goldfish crackers are the BEST thing ever according to Grayson. He is very careful not to drop any of them in his highchair - unlike the whole wheat crackers that we gave them. THAT was all over the highchair and floor (Abbey says thank you for having children that drop food on the floor.) Turkey meatballs are yummy and Gardenburgers are YUCKY (yea, I know. I wouldn't want to eat them either...) Any fruit puree rocks (especially when warmed) and waffles are tres' yummy.
I decided that if I won the lottery the first thing I would get wouldn't be a new house or a new car or even to pay off our debit. I would pay someone to teach our children to sleep all night long.
Gray has taking a liking to a bottle sometime between 11p-12a. Nevermind he ate dinner at 6 and had a bottle (or at least access to one) at 7. And water? HA. He doesn't want water. That just makes him more mad. Night before last I refused to give him a bottle at midnight. I tried the water but he just cried harder. I patted, rubbed, sang, rocked, and shushed him until he finally went to sleep. He woke again at 4 - at which point I relented and gave the kid a small bottle of milk. Last night was the same thing. I am going to try to stop one thing at a time. Once I can get him to where he doesn't think he doesn't need to have a meal at the 24 hour diner, he will need to stop joining us in our bed. Yes, he is a cuddlebug. Yes, I love cuddling with him. Yes, I know that he won't always want to cuddle with us. Buuuut. He wakes when Leanne dries her hair (this morning at 5:30am), he rolls around leaving me with approximately 2.5 square inches of bed space, he flings his tiny arms at my face multiple times a night and whacks my nose, he wakes up whenever he hears something (Abbey rearranging herself on her bed, one of us getting up to go to the bathroom, the whirring of the alarm before it even goes off...) So much for trying to make him a heavy sleeper.
Lest you think that Carter is exempt from this madness, he was also up night before last (thank you Gray.) He didn't want a bottle, he just wanted to come to our bed to join his moms, brother, and 2 cats (do they make beds in larger than King size???!?) Leanne resisted and sat on the floor of his room singing for over 2 hours while he screamed bloody murder before falling asleep. She may be on to something. Last night he slept from 7p-7a (when I woke him since Gray had been up since 5:30am.)
So, I'd use those millions to hire some nice person who doesn't mind being up all night with a crying/screaming baby (or two) because come daylight s/he won't have to drag him/herself to work and try to be productive. I am sure there are people out there who do this sort of thing, but like I said, I need to win the lottery first.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment