Tuesday, March 06, 2007


I love this kid. I really do. But my,oh,my, he needs to sleep in his own bed. It started many weeks ago with Grayson waking up somewhere between 11p-12a and refusing to go back down in his crib. Being desperate and exhausted, we just brought him to our bed. After all, Carter had gone through a spell where he thought that the we had the best bed in the house. And after a couple of weeks, he realized that his bed was far better for sleeping. There weren't two moms tossing and turning, there was a comfy bumper that he could pull down and rest his head, there were nice flannel sheets, and lots of room to toss and turn and wiggle. Grayson hasn't realized this. Nearly a month after he started his 11p-12a, the calls have gradually become earlier and earlier to where now he is up 7p-8p (a mere 30 minutes to an hour after going to sleep) screaming for us - (and no, he won't have any of that being put to sleep and getting transferred to his crib. Believe me. We try.)

Last night, Leanne got him at 7:45 while I was finishing making baby food and by 8:45, they were both asleep in our bed (granted he still has a cold and he souded horrible propped up on Leanne's chest trying to breathe - but by 5am this morning, he was lying flat on the mattress on his belly and didn't seem to have a care in the world as he slept till 6:45.) Having him in our bed isn't conducive to getting things done around the house (we can't leave him in there alone.) There are clothes to be tagged and packed for the consignment sale this week, laundry to be done, baby food to make, bills to pay, a gym membership to be used...

And with all that being said, there is a part of me that loves having him there. He loves to be spooned with his head resting on my arm with my other arm wrapped tightly around him. I love to nuzzle into his soft fuzzy head and feel him sigh as if there is now where else on earth he'd rather be that snug in bed between him moms. There are times when I wake and find him facing me with one teeny arm thrown over me and his cute impish face just inches from mine that I wonder why I am so desperate to get him out of our bed. I know that in no time he will want to have no part of being currled up with me.I should cherish this time.

And the other love of my life.

No comments: