We survived our first night!
Leanne had to go out of town this week for the International Homebuilders Show in Orlando. We tried to figure out how to get us all down there for a long weekend, but logistically it wasn't in the cards. So, while Leanne is enjoying 70 degree weather (but enduring long days at the show), the boys and I are braving weather in the single digits.
The bedtime routine isn't too bad. It is like an assembly line. Granted it is much easier and faster when you have 2 moms (who know exactly what needs to be done and in what order), but Leanne and I have both done dinner/bath/bottles/bed on our own and have been okay. You just have to put them in their cribs with toys and then strip/bathe/lotion/diaper/dress/medicate (Motrin/Tylenol/Gripe Water/Orajel.) Repeat. Easy peasy. Just time consuming.
Often by that time, Gray is more than willing to do to bed. Last night, not so much. I tried to give him a bottle (no, thank you), gave him kisses from both of us, turned on the musical aquarium, and put him down. He squirmed and wiggled awhile and then howled. By then Carter was happily gulping his bottle and really trying to go to sleep, so Gray had to wait. By the time 5 minutes rolled around, Carter was passed out and Gray thought I'd left him for good. But he calmed down quickly, sucked down a few ounces, and fell asleep in my arms. Awww. Unfortuantely, he was up several times during the night. I don't know if he was cold, if his teeth were bothering him, his tummy hurt, or what. But by midnight he'd been up 3 times and I finally just brought him to bed with me, where he slept contently (although I kept waking to make sure he hadn't squirmed under the covers or up against a pillow or was nearing the other side of the bed (yeah, right. The kid was pressed up against me so I was hanging onto the edge of the bed...)) till Carter woke him him up at 5am. They both had bottles, and let me go back to sleep from 6-6:20. Thanks, dudes. :)
Leanne says she didn't fare much better. She says that she is so used to waking at night that despite not having crying babies within earshot, she still woke up and sleep fitfully. I am just hoping that she doesn't get used to quite nights this week! :)
One night down. Four more to go. :)
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment