We have movers and shakers!
Last night we were sitting on the floor of the boys room talking with Suzanne (and admiring Rhyder) while letting the boys play out their last bit of energy. All of a sudden something must have clicked in their little heads and they both figured out how to crawl forward on all 4s! Really. What are the chances that not only did they loose their umbilical cord stumps on the same day, but cut their first teeth AND learned to crawl simultaneously!?!?! Uncanny. I really hope this isn't forshadowing of serious sibling competition! I'll try to get pics and video tonight.
Figuring out the crawling thing must be exhausting. They did sleep better last night - Gray was only up once and Carter was up twice. Better than every hour on the hour. We are starting a night time feeding elimination plan in hopes of sleeping through the night before they are carrying on full conversations with us.
We typically start out the night with 2 6oz bottles in a cooler on the dresser. Most nights (ok, almost all nights the past couple of months) they have both woken and eaten 4-5oz during the night. The plan is to decrease the amount of milk in the bottles by 1oz every couple of nights, so eventually they figure that waking for an ounce or so isn't worth it and they sleep all night. Also, it should improve the amount they consume during the day. Last night we had 2 4oz bottles. What did they do? East 3oz. Goofy boys. :)
When I left for work this morning, it was snowing. Hopefully, there will be enough for the boys to take their first sled ride with Leanne and Mia. I am sad that I am going to miss it...but there really wasn't enough snow for me to call into work. And unlike Leanne, I don't have the ability to work from home. Boo. But if they get to sled, I will post pictures!
Off to buy baby proofing supplies. I guess we've procrasinted on that long enough.... :)
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment