Sunday, February 25, 2007





We had a lot of firsts this weekend!

Saturday they had their first grilled cheese sandwich! We were heading to lunch with Mia and Thomas and I was saying that I needed to pack something for their lunch. We decided that it was time to add to their list of table foods (they've eaten Cheerios, shredded cheese, and bits of bread so far) and we'd order a grilled cheese off the kids menu. It was met with open mouths! It also came with broccoli. I'd been avoiding broccoli for months since the few times I had it, it gave them horrible gas (via breast milk.) But we thought that maybe they'd grown out of it and gave them some of the broccoli. BIG MISTAKE. Grayson was up most of the night with gas. Horrible gas. No more broccoli for them.

Today they had their first cheese quesadilla. It was met with mixed reviews. They definately preferred the butter soaked grilled cheese. :) We also gave them bits of black beans and rice. I can't imagine that the few beans that Grayson did eat gave him gas again, but currently Leanne is on the guest bed with him after he's woken up 3-4 times since we put him to bed 3.5 hours ago. Ugh. I fear it is going to be a long night.

In addition to the food firsts, the boys enjoyed their first snow and sled rides. They weren't that thrilled about being in the cold (despite 2 fleece outfits and socks.) And the sled rides were a bit bumpy!

Grayson (L) and Carter (R) sitting out in the snow for a brief second (notice how thrilled they look!)



Grayson standing (one handed!) and playing



Carter on his way up to play. He does pull up and stand - just not as often as Gray


Carter - he looks so old in this picture!

No comments: