Someone asked me recently why I don't blog about our week very often. Well, it is because our weekdays are like the directions on a shampoo bottle. Later. Rinse. Repeat. Meaning, that our weekdays have very little variation. Sure, there are days that Leanne works from home rather than going into the office. Or one of us has to come home early because our afternoon sitter is out. But really, the days aren't very exciting - well, unless you have mornings like I did on Thursday when I called Leanne at 7:15am and said I needed a drink. :) More on that later.
But because people have asked, here is what our days look like:
Leanne gets up 4:30-5:30 and is out the door to work by 5:30-6:30. The boys and I get up sometime between 6-6:45 (although they have been known to get up as early as 5:15 and as late as 7:30 (this has only happened once...) I get ready (which takes 10x longer than when I am not chasing kids.) Change diapers. Get milk. Feed breakfast. While they eat, I empty the dishwasher, give Abbey her medication, and sometimes feed myself. I put them in the living room (that is fenced in) to play while I clean their highchairs. I go in and play (and inevitably change a round of stinky diapers) until Mia arrives at 8. I head to work.
Leanne gets home 5-5:30 (although sometimes earlier) and starts feeding them dinner (well, not really feeding them, but preparing and serving their dinner.) I arrive home 5:30-6
and help with dinner. We take them upstairs for bath time, nighttime diapers, and pajamas. Once we have clean boys, we head back to the living room for another 30-45 minutes of playtime. Around 7-7:30 we take them back upstairs for teethbrushing, getting into bed, and goodnight kisses. Leanne reads 3 books while I head back downstairs to cleanup from dinner, take out the trash, blah, blah, blah. Once Leanne comes downstairs we decided if we really want to fix dinner (most often the answer is no) and we get cereal, pasta, fruit, and plop on the couch to watch tv. We typically head upstairs after 8 and as you have read, we are often asleep before the 10pm hour. Sad, I know.
So, really there is little to write about during the week. And usually if I do, it is some kinda morning rant - like this one that happened on Thursday.
6:00 - the wind and rain wake Grayson. I can tell he isn't ready to be awake so I go in to bring him to our bed. But of course when I go in, Carter wakes and he is not happy to be awake. I bring them both to our bed and spend 10 minutes getting people settled, patting backs, and singing Mary Had a Little Lamb. Just as I can tell they are relaxing - and hopefully ready to nod off for a bit longer - one of the cats startles Abbey and she yelps and chases after him. The boys are now awake and crawling all over the bed to get a peek at the crazy dog. Abbey has now gone back to her bed and refuses to get off her bed and go downstairs so I can let the boys roam (they can't be around Abbey since she bit Grayson's finger (she didn't break the skin) a couple of months ago. Abbey bares her teeth and growls at me, so I take the boys into the bathroom with me while I get ready. I try to keep them out of the toilet, from getting into the wet shower, and from taking all the rolls of toilet paper out of the drawer. By the time I am done, Abbey has gone downstairs and the boys can have free reign of the upstairs. I finish getting ready while the boys pull no less than 50 books off the bookshelf. I go out to the hall to put them away and glance into the guest room to see that Simon (our cat) had thrown up and Carter had walked in it and tracked it around (in his footed pjs.) I lock the kids out of the room while I clean it and then pull more books off the shelves. We finally get downstairs and the boys refuse breakfast. As in clear off their trays onto the floor with one fell swoop. ARGH. Once we get into the living room to play, things went back to normal and the kids were happy as clams - but I was exhausted and it was only 7:45.
So, that is life during the week. Exciting, no?
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment