Maybe it is the summer? Maybe it is heat? I sure have been bad about updating the blog! I need to find the camera. I’ve thought for several weeks that it was in the diaper bag – but never remember to get it out (we still take it with us – but rarely get anything out of it.) Last night while we were at Gymboree, I remembered and went to go get it and it isn’t there. Hmmm. I haven’t had time to look for it since last evening – but I have some other ideas of where it might be hiding! Once I do, I’ll take a lot of pictures to update you all.
We are still having issues with thunderstorms interrupting bedtime. Three times last week (twice at bedtime and once for Sunday’s nap!) ARGH. I guess it is a good thing that we don’t live in the
Carter is talking more and more. He is routinely putting 3+ words together and forming sentences (“This is mama’s cup.”) Almost all of his sentences have to do with someone’s ownership of an object (“That is mama’s potty!” “That is Grayson’s milk!” (pronounced ‘mulk’)
Grayson is still talking up a storm and he LOVES to sing. He’ll sing his ABCs and count to 10 (sometimes the numbers are very jumbled or he likes to skip from 4 to 10!) And Leanne made up a song about elevators that he loves to sing (and do the accompanying hand motions!) It is very cute!
We’ve had another hard week with childcare. Traci was out of town Monday and Wednesday – thankfully Mia’s boyfriend Thomas came to the rescue and hung out with the kids for a few hours each of those days. The boys LOVE spending time with Thomas and ask about him all the time. Then Mia’s grandmother died rather unexpectedly on Wednesday night. We scrambled to find childcare again. Mia was able to come on Thursday morning before her flight and then our friend Suzanne came to our rescue and took care of our two kids and her 19 month old son all by her self for the afternoon. And today our next door neighbor Kristen came by and took the kids for 3 hours this morning. They spent 2.5 hours outside running around and getting tired and then Leanne (who worked from home) has them this afternoon. Go us for cobbling together 4 childcare providers (all of whom our kids love) for a 2 day stint!
We start swimming lessons this weekend. Carter isn’t a big fan of the pool, but we are going to insist that he at least learn how to swim. He doesn’t have to be an Olypmian, but we’d like him to at least be able to swim if needed. No, we don’t think he’ll be a proficient swimmer at the end of the lessons. But it will give us ideas of things to work with him when we do go to the pool and I do force him in the water. J
We are all just chugging along on too little sleep (2 questions: 1) Why is Carter now waking again during the night and 2) Why am I the only one who hears him?) For the last 2 nights I have been out of bed no less than 6 times per night to do something for a kid (get Grayson, get Grayson’s water cup, refill Grayson’s water cup, put blanket on a crying Carter, give Carter a drink of water, and finally at 5:40 – get up with Carter. For good. Mama needs her beauty rest! I am really giving some thought to sleeping on the couch in the basement so I can sleep a full night. But then I am sure I’d be up 1001 times feeling guilty. Oy Vey.
No comments:
Post a Comment