Saturday, August 02, 2008

It is a curse. I am sure of it. Last night at 4:53am. BOOM! CRASH! BANG! One of the biggest storms. Of course we were all up - Leanne with Gray (who must have said, "ALL DONE!?" 1001 times and me with Carter (who pulled his 'blankie' over his head and was perfectly still aside from an sporadic, "Mama?" just to make sure I was still there - nevermind he was pressed up against me!) in the guest bed. And just when we though it has ended, wave #2, #3, and #4 came through. I am guessing it was over my 6 and now they are still sacked out - at 7:51am! For the first time (ever?!??!) Leanne and I are awake and the kids are still sacked out!

Oh, and we were THAT family last night. We were heading over to the pool with Suzanne and Rhyder last night. She was running late, so Leanne and Gray walked over to the pool (he kept saying, "Jump?" because he was so ready to jump in the pool!) while Carter and I stayed back and waited for Suzanne. Suzanne and I (and our respective kids) hadn't been at the pool long enough to even take our shoes off when I hear, "Alison. I need your help NOW." It was Leanne and when I looked she was in the water and walking across the pool wiht Gray. Seems that Gray swallowed a mouthful of water and began to choke and cough. Well, he coughed so hard that he threw up. All over Leanne. In the pool. LOVELY. Of course, they had to close the pool down (and of course it was the big family friendly pool (with the sloped entry) on a friday night at 6pm. *sigh* We debated having me take Gray swimming again and Leanne could hang out on the deck with Carter (since Gray wasn't sick - he just got choked on the water) but he smelled like hell (even after I took him to the shower and cleaned him and rinsed out his swim suit) and Leanne still was stinky..So, we all went home and let the kids play in the water table and have dinner on the deck. So, while it wasn't the evening we expected, we still had a good time with good friends. Which is what it is all about, right?

No comments: