As usual, our lives are being dominated by toddler sleeping patterns. Not so much nighttime issues (we still bring Gray to our bed when he wakes in the middle of the night - no comments, please) but naps/bedtime. They've been sleeping in in the mornings till 7:30-8. REALLY nice for us - until we discovered that a late wake up means a late morning nap (10:30-12:30) which means a late afternoon nap (3:30-5:30) which means a REALLY late bedtime (9:30.) That isn't acceptable to us. We need them to go to bed before 9:30. So, if it isn't one sleep issue, it's another. :)
Here are a couple of pictures that I took last week while we were at the playground. I keep meaning to take more pictures, but what I realized is that when you have 2 toddlers, you need 2 adults to corral them - especially when you are somewhere like the pool, leaving no one to take pictures. So, here is what I have:
Carter crawling up the stairs to join Gray on the jungle gym

Grayson on the move (hence the blurriness.) Please excuse his dirty overalls. We brought them over to the playground after dinner in hopes of burning off excess energy. :)

Carter swinging
We have a new favorite book in our house. Time of Wonder. It can put the boys to sleep in no time. I love that it is set in Maine and is by an author that my parents used to read to me as a kid, Robert McCloskey (Make Way for Ducklings and Blueberries for Sal.) I don't know if it is the rhythym of the words or the way I read it (realllllly slowly and with little emotion) or if they find just that boring, but in anycase it is a miracle in our house. It is a good thing that I like the book. Last night I had to read it 2x. Once to get them to sleep and a second time when Grayson woke them both up at 8:00PM.

No comments:
Post a Comment