Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Wow. It has been a long time since I've posted. I don't know where the past week has gone - but all of a sudden Christmas was upon us and over.

We had a really nice Christmas. We stayed in our jammies all day long, nibbled on snack foods, played with the boys and their new toys, watched Little Miss Sunshine, played a round of Scene It, and hung out with Chad.

Despite saying that we weren't going to get a lot for the boys this year, we did. We'd been buying things here and there for a couple of months and then stashing it in the closet. When we hauled it all out on Christmas Eve (ahem...when Santa came Christmas morning ;)) We realized just how much stuff we'd purchased. Of course, the next holiday is their birthday in 6 months (By the way, save May 19th and plan on coming to our house for a first birthday BBQ!) and we did buy things for them to grow into - but Santa was good to the boys (probably cause they are such good boys!) ;)

It's also been fun deciding our own family traditions. Does Santa wrap his gifts? What does Santa bring versus family gifts? What order do we open gifts? Is there an order? So many decisions. We've decided that Santa bring bigger gifts and things to play with (ie. the new Leapfrog learning table) and doesn't have time to wrap! :) When we get up, we'll get Santa gifts and open stockings. Then we'll have breakfast and start to unwrap gifts from family. This year, we were a bit out of order as the boys ate before stockings and napped afterwards - making opening gifts occur later in the day - but they didn't know - and I am sure this will be the first and last year that no one is trying to rip presents open! :)

For once in my life, I took photos. Lots of them. I am not known for that - so I am proud that we have documented their first Christmas! Get ready for lots of pictures!!!

On Christmas Eve we went to our Jeff and Mark's home to celebrate with Tom and Matt and their son, Kah-Sim. The boys were festive in their Santa hats. :) Afterwards we stopped by the grocery store and Old Navy where we were given free antler headbands. We all wore them..what a sight. But we made many many people smile. People stopped to talk and laugh - it was like we were celebrities! I'll post a picture when I get it off my cell phone!

That night, after a bath, Mommy read Twas the Night Before Christmas. They were both pretty interested, but by the end, Grayson got sleepy and put his head down to listen.

And while everyone was asleep, Santa came!


The got a Leapfrost Learning table from Santa (the legs come off since they aren't old enough to stand to play quite yet!)

A crawl through tunnel - which Grayson thinks is funny even though he isn't crawling quite yet (he IS getting on all fours and rocking back and forth!)


We're working on sharing! :)


They got a lot of books - this is an Elmo book that Grayson enjoyed reading with Mommy.



Unwrapping is more fun than getting presents!


Sometimes sharing is hard...


But Carter is easily distracted. :)


Carter thinks wrapping paper is tasty! I'll have to post the hilarious pictures Jeff took of Carter eating wrapping paper. They are not on this computer.


And when it was all said and done..
BONUS MATERIAL. Mothers who think putting our doggie stacking buckets on our heads are just mean. But the mommies laughed and laughed and laughed.

Wow. If you've made it this far, I am impressed. Happy holidays and Happy New Years! Love, The Page-Wells Gang

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Christmas blog was hilarious! I love seeing other people's children and laughing out loud at the stories and the pictures! I am enjoying watching them grow...even from this far away.
Robin

Anonymous said...

The Christmas photos are great. They make the holiday complete.
Love, Lucy