Monday, December 11, 2006

We had a great weekend! We flew to Savannah on Wednesday to celebrate my father's birthday with him (and 50+ of his closest friends) and introduce the boys to Savannah. The boys were amazing travellers. Grayson fell asleep before we took off and slept till we landed and Carter napped, smiled (and won over) fellow passengers, and looked around without making a peep. I think they were happier than some of the adults! :)


Here's a picture of the party before it got into full swing. Notice the beautiful blue sky!


Despite having colds they were great! Everyone commented on how easy going they are and how fortunate we are (and we know it!!) I had planned on taking a bunch of photos and video - but somehow didn't take any video - and only a few photos. Humph. I think my cousin's husband took a bunch of photos - hopefully, something cute! :)

Here are the boys in Christmas outfits my mom got them!

My parents with the Grayson. Where was Carter???




To top off a great weekend, we received the court date for Leanne's adoption of the boys! January 26th! So, if you are in Baltimore on January 26th at 9am, we'd love to have you join us. We've been told it is more of a formality and a photo opp than anything official. In any case, we are thrilled to finally have a date! Once it is completed, we'll receive new birth certificates in the mail with both of our names on it!!! WHOO HOO!

P.S. I know there are at least a couple of people reading these posts. You know you can leave comments, right??? ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Christmas outfits are so cute!!!! Are ya'll making Christmas cards this year??

Anonymous said...

That's terrific news that you have a date for the adoption. I'll be in the frozen tundra when you have the court date so I will be with you in spirit.

If I was traveling with you I would have enjoyed the flight as well. You are too lucky mommies.

Love the outfits! :-)

eric said...

cute cute cute. love watching them grow!

Anonymous said...

I was there and can attest to the fact the boys were the hit of the party. They were very good, looked cute as could be, and were patient with people who wanted to bounce and poke. Marlene kept saying on the way to Jacksonville what wonderful babies they are. I don't think it is enitrely luck but good care and excellent mothers. Lucy (cousin)