Thursday, January 01, 2009

We are still here and standing. The kids seem to have rebounded. Grayson ended up sleeping from 5pm on Monday-6pm on Tuesday and then seemed to feel better. His nose is still runny, but no more fevers and really no cough. Of course, Leanne has it as bad - 0r worse - than the rest of them. Her cough is racking (even after 5 days on antibiotics) and she has no energy. We were supposed to go to a wedding tonight, but last night she called the bride (a co-worker) and told her we weren't coming. She didn't think it was fair for her to hack and cough during the ceremony and I am sure that people didn't want to be seated next to us at dinner. ;)

However, we did stay up to ring in the New Year. I had looked up in the blog to see what we had done last year and read that we'd gone to Pei Wei. That sounded good, so we headed there and then to our gym for Family Fun Night (they had open swim and activities/games for kids from 7-9.) We didn't take the kids swimming since they've both been sick, but we played in the gym with the other kids and their families. They had a couple of moon bounces, hockey sticks (Carter loved playing hockey!), scooters, balls, and musical instruments. It was a nice way to get out some energy on such a cold and miserably windy night. The kids got to bed late (10pm) and I hung out online, flipped around tv channels, and at 12:03 I went to sleep. I think Leanne was up till 2am reading Twilight. She wasn't overly impressed when I bought it for her for Christmas, but ended up liking it so much, she read the entire book in one day and bought the second book when we went to Target this morning. :)

The kids are asleep and Suzanne and Rhyder are supposedly coming over later for a playdate. I CAN NOT wait till the weather gets warmer and we can get the kids outside for lots of running around/climbing. Being cooped up stinks. :)

No new photos. Believe me, there has been nothing cute or picture worthy in this house for quite some time! I meant to bring the camera to the gym last night, but in the rush to get out of the house, it got left on the counter. Oh well. Better luck this week. :)

We hope you all had a wonderful New Year! Happy 2009!

No comments: