What a day the boys had yesterday!
I got a call from Mia around 11am saying that Grayson had put a bead up his nose and she'd tried getting it out to no avail (the playground is covered with these tiny brightly colored beads. We think they are from a bb gun kind of toy although we’ve never seen a kid with one. But they are everywhere and for months, Grayson has collected them. Sometimes he’d put them in his pocket and sometimes he’d hand them to us. But within the last few months, we’ve caught him trying to shove one up his nose.) Well yesterday he succeeded.
I conferred with the doctors here (one reason I LOVE working in a pediatricians office) who said that b/c it was so small there was a chance he could aspirate it and he should come in and have it removed. Fabulous. Of course it is nearly their nap time and of course it was the day that Mia leaves early (we wouldn't ask Traci to take them to the doc.) I figured Mia could drive them to the hospital and then I would bring them home to Traci and then come back to DC so I could go to my work happy hour (I have priorities!) When I called Mia to tell her the plan and she says, "I GOT IT! It's a green bead!" Whew. Mia was able to strategically press on his nose and get him to blow and OUT it popped. Crisis adverted. Till next time.
Then when Leanne got home, she was surprised that Traci and the kids weren’t on the playground since it was beautiful outside. She found them all in the basement and the kids were in their pajamas. Odd since it was only 5pm. Seems as though Traci was pushing them on the swings and Carter left out a little cough followed by vomiting. Three times. Niiiiiice. She said he was beyond a quick wipe-down so she stuck him in the tub for a bath. And because it is easier to have them both in the bath than to one in and one running around, she just bathed them both. And in their little minds bath=pajamas, so Traci acquiesced and put their pajamas on. Carter was fine after that. Maybe he just got motion sick. Who knows.
Kids. It is always something.
No comments:
Post a Comment