Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I’ve been so bad about blogging. Last week, I wrote a huge long post and lost it. I was too defeated to re-write it. So here are some bullet points of our lives:

Grayson is talking up a storm. He is putting 2 (and sometimes more) words together. Most often was he wants to talk about is food (French fries, donuts, pudding, ice cream) or elevators. He must say those 5 words 1000 times a day. I bet he said “elevator” (pronounced eleVAtor?) 100 times (no lie!) in the car yesterday on the way to and from the mall (a 35 minute round trip.) Leanne and I say it is like riding with a person with Alzheimer’s. He says “elevator” and we either say, “No, no elevators today.” Which is replied with “elevator?” Or he says, “elevator?” to which we say, “Yes, we are going to ride the elevator at the mall.” He replies, “elevator?” We have this conversation for the entire ride.

They’ve both taken to saying “I’M COMING!” when they are coming down the stairs, when we are getting them out of the car, etc. Last week, I went in at 2am to get Grayson and bring him to our bed (yes, he still joins us EVERY night.) I got to the threshold of our door and he screamed to Leanne, “I’m COMING!” – you know, just in case she missed him or wanted to move over and share her pillow. That same night, he woke up at 4am, sat up, looked at Leanne and said, “donut.” He must think of food all the time.

Carter is our general ham. He calls the camera “CHEESE!” and hold it up to his face to take a picture. If you have a camera and say, “Hey, Carter!” he turns around/looks at you and then breaks into this cheesy full smile, eyes shut, smile. Every time.

We are trying to use time out for discipline. Grayson finds himself there frequently for not listening/pushing/hitting/stealing toys. For time out they must sit in a designated area (away from the fun) for 2 minutes and then apologize to whoever they need to. So far it isn’t as effective as we’d like. They don’t seem to care whether or not they are in time out. The other day Leanne had them at the playground. They got to pushing each other (in a playful manner) and saying, “Time out. Time out. Time out.” Sheesh. We are picking up the book Raising your Spirited Child to see if they have any suggestions. Do you have any?

Other than that, things are poking right along. I’ll post pictures soon!

No comments: